Voting Membership Application and Code of Conduct
The York-Durham Heritage Railway Association is a non-profit organization, operated by volunteers, and is a Railway by authority of the short Line Railway act and the York-Durham Heritage Railway association Act, 1993. Memberships are available for individuals and corporations. Voting Memberships entitle the holder to full participation in the activities of the Association as well as voting privileges. Voting Membership also provides vital financial support to the activities of the Association in the preservation of railway heritage, which are discussed at our monthly meetings, only a few hours. Supportive Volunteering/ Activities you can participate in are listed below. Its a great community to belong to.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Safety is our highest priority one and must be practiced while on railway property and on board the train. Appropriate safety equipment must be worn at all times.
- While on railway property, and on board the train, YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will conduct themselves in a professional manner that conveys the best image possible. This includes appropriate clothing and personal appearance.
- YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will refrain from engaging in inappropriate behaviour and language while on railway property and on board the train.
- YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will refrain from smoking, vaping, use of drugs and alcohol while on board the train and on railway property.
- All YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will strive to cultivate a sense of responsibility and ownership by being accountable for all of their actions.
- YDHR volunteers and employees will aim for excellence in everything that they do while striving to improve both as individuals and as a team.
- YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will communicate clearly with one another to ensure clarity and avoid misunderstandings.
- While innovation and initiative are encouraged always, remember to request support and/or approval when necessary.
- Respect for everyone associated with the York Durham Heritage Railway including members, volunteers, employees and their guests must be shown at all times.
- Disagreements and differences of opinion may arise from time to time. When necessary the individuals involved should first discuss their concerns with each other and then seek further assistance as required. Confidentiality and discretion are expected to be practiced at all times.
IMPORTANT: By filling out and submitting the following form, I agree to the above Code of Conduct and give my permission to include my name and phone number on a membership list for distribution to registered members of YDHR. This application form will go to the YDHR Acceptance Committee and once reviewed, you will be contacted.