CODE OF ETHICS & PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
The following are the 2021 Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct for the York-Durham Heritage Railway Association.
- Safety is our highest priority one and must be practiced while on railway property and on board the train. Appropriate safety equipment must be worn at all times.
- While on railway property, and on board the train, YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will conduct themselves in a professional manner that conveys the best image possible. This includes appropriate clothing and personal appearance.
- YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will refrain from engaging in inappropriate behaviour and language while on railway property and on board the train.
- YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will refrain from smoking, vaping, use of drugs and alcohol while on board the train and on railway property.
- All YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will strive to cultivate a sense of responsibility and ownership by being accountable for all of their actions.
- YDHR volunteers and employees will aim for excellence in everything that they do while striving to improve both as individuals and as a team.
- YDHR volunteers, employees and their guests will communicate clearly with one another to ensure clarity and avoid misunderstandings.
- While innovation and initiative are encouraged always, remember to request support and/or approval when necessary.
- Respect for everyone associated with the York Durham Heritage Railway including members, volunteers, employees and their guests must be shown at all times.
- Disagreements and differences of opinion may arise from time to time. When necessary the individuals involved should first discuss their concerns with each other and then seek further assistance as required. Confidentiality and discretion are expected to be practiced at all times.